MPO POLICY COMMITTEE
The Policy Committee is organized as the policy and decision making committee for the Casper area Transportation Planning Process (CATPP). The Policy Committee approves the Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP), Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), budgets, and other planning documents prepared by the Metropolitan Planning Office (MPO). The Policy Committee ratifies appointments made by member jurisdictions as well as Technical and other appropriate committees.
The Technical Committee advises and makes recommendations to the Policy Committee concerning technical matters related to planning and work program documents. The Technical Committee is comprised of professional planners, engineers, and public works employees designated by the Casper area Transportation Planning Process (CATPP) member jurisdictions and ratified by the Policy Committee.
CITIZENS' TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMISSION
The Citizens' Transportation Advisory Commission is responsible for providing advice to the City Council, through its Policy Committee liaison. The functions and responsibilities of the Commission are to:
- Review the operational measures for making existing facilities safer and more efficient.
- Assess existing or proposed transportation facilities.
- Publicize proposals, plans, programs, and regulations to solicit public comment and support.
- Recommend regulatory and policy agreements for facility use and program activities.
- Bring citizen concerns to the table for discussion.
In addition to the advisory functions herein noted, the Citizens' Transportation Advisory Commission has specific authority to promote special programs and project activities as authorized by the Policy Committee for the Casper Area Transportation Planning Process.