Welcome to the City of Casper, Wyoming


Traffic Obstruction and Diversions

Traffic control image

If you need to close or restrict traffic to perform any work in, on or under the street you must obtain a permit from the city engineer.  This permit must be obtained at least four hours prior to closure or restriction.


The application shall include a sketch showing traffic routing, placement and type of traffic control devices to be used, and shall include a statement of the reason for the work and the time during which the work is to be performed. Within twenty-four hours of receiving the application, the city engineer shall approve a permit or deny the application. The city engineer shall deny the application only if the proposed closure will create a serious risk to the safety of the public using the street, or in the event the application does not comply with chapter 12.16.110.  (Ord. 5-93 § 1(part), 1993: Ord. 7-88 (part), 1988: Ord. 28-83 § 1(part), 1983: prior code § 34-27.1)

To print an application for Traffic Control Permit please click the image below.
Application for Traffic control permit image

Share this page: